1. Check out the source tree from SVN server with svn command:
2. Generate an users.txt with the command:
and following the formatting:
NOTE: You can try the script to generate authors list automatically: https://gist.github.com/lifuzu/9081923#file-findauthors-sh
3. Once the users.txt is ready, then checkout the source tree again with the command ‘git svn clone’:
4. To move the tags to be proper Git tags, run:
5. To move the rest of the references under refs/remotes to be local branches:
6. Adding the git server as a remote:
7. Push all your branches and tags to go up:
8. Update the changes from SVN (before you update, please cleanup your local workspace)
1 2 3 4 5
NOTE: Sometimes when you run
git svn fetch:
Then you need to run:
9. Then check them into GIT
10. If you have a temporary migration branch you modified something on that, then you need rebase the changes on master to migration:
11. Finally, you need merge the changes on migration, fast forward, since you have rebased.
That is it!
Written with StackEdit.